Seven Oaks Hotel Covid-19 Protocols
Safe & Clean from Check In to Check Out
We look forward to welcoming you to the Seven Oaks Hotel. We appreciate that you will have heightened concerns regarding hygiene during your stay with us and we trust cleanliness standards will be critical to you in choosing to stay with us.
With that in mind, we have created protocols that will focus on the highest standards of cleanliness and social distancing throughout the entire property. In these unprecedented times, your – and our team’s – safety is our highest priority.
The success of the nationwide battle against Covid-19 was and still is, dependant on all of us working together as a community. This is just as relevant during your stay at the Seven Oaks Hotel. You are a vital component in ensuring continued success and we need your commitment to maintaining the following established Covid-19 public health practices and our operational plan:
• Use sanitising stations and wash hands regularly
• Book breakfast and evening meal times at check-in
• Observe social distancing with other guests and staff
• Parents must supervise and remain present with children at all times
• Use cards or room charges for all payments, presenting a credit card for pre-authorisation on arrival
• Settle your account the night before you depart
• Please continue to observe the recommendation of the HSE as has been advised by the government since the onset of the Coronavirus
• And if you feel ill, please do not come into the Seven Oaks Hotel
Unfortunately, failure to co-operate will leave us with no other option but to ask you to vacate the premises in the interests of public health. Please understand that this for YOUR safety as much as our staff and other guests and to ensure that everyone has a safe and pleasant experience with us at the Seven Oaks Hotel.
And so, we have outlined below the new measures put in place as part of our new Seven Oaks Covid-19 Protocols that will help to keep all of us safe. This outlines the procedures that underpin our commitment to you and the terms & conditions that we expect of you during your stay with us.
If you have any queries that are not answered below, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to the Seven Oaks Hotel and we appreciate your custom and collaboration.
General Cleaning Policy
• Ongoing sanitisation of all public areas throughout the day – you will see more of our Dedicated Hygiene Team. They will be present in public areas much of the day. Their mission will be to sanitise and make safe known “hotspots” such as door handles, bathrooms and counter spaces amongst others. Please always co-operate with them.
• We will be working to ventilate the property so you may see more windows and doors open throughout to keep air circulating and fresh.
• HSE and Fáilte Ireland experts continue to advise us on new technologies and approaches, assist in training development and create a rigorous quality assurance program. This expert advice and assistance helps us to build upon the already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene in the Seven Oaks Hotel and to ensure that the protocols are not only satisfactory but surpass expectations to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and staff.
• Signage will remain in place throughout our public areas to remind our guests to observe social distancing and handwashing.
⇒ Sanitising stations to be located at numerous locations around the hotel such as inside the front door, at the entrance into restaurants, etc. You are asked to avail of them.
⇒ Use of the lifts will be restricted to one person or family unit at a time and those with mobility challenges. Guests are encouraged to take the stairs. Thankfully, we have only 3 levels on the property so we hope this will not prove to be onerous.
⇒ We have provided designated areas for staff to prepare for work and adhere to sanitation procedures.
⇒ Social distancing to apply to staff where breaks are staggered, and workspaces spread out to a 2m distance.
⇒ Regular Training for all our staff to refresh everyone on cleaning and sanitation procedures.
⇒ Team members will be provided with personal protective equipment appropriate to their area of work. A supply of gloves and sanitiser for each individual and some department members may require specific equipment such as our team in accommodation. Enhanced training will be provided to protect their well-being.
⇒ Individual work kits will be provided depending on the department, for example, restaurant staff kits to include individual order docket book, biro, service cloths, wipes and gloves.
⇒ At reception, all guests must use hand sanitizer provided in the sanitisation station inside the front door and please observe social distancing of 2 metres.
⇒ At check in you will not need to touch anything other than the pin-pad and your key card wallet. Pre-authorisation will be done on your credit card for your stay, you will have to use the pin-pad to enter your pin, this will have been sanitized before your use and again after you use it.
• You’ll notice a change to our reception desk to safeguard the team and you, our guest, as we have installed safety screens and there will be 2 metre floor markings present.
• Guests are encouraged to pre-book with us online. If you can do that, our receptionist will have pre-populated guest information so that your interaction will be brief and efficient. If not, please provide full contact details to the receptionist.
• For all payments, we will take card payments or room charges only.
• Upon completion, you will be given your sanitised key card and directions to the stairs to access your room.
• Careful consideration has been given to the preparation and presentation of your room and you might find somethings different. For example, we will no longer offer tea/coffee making facilities, pens and paper as well as in room folders.
• Our deep clean of “High Touch Areas” will include extra disinfecting of the most frequently touched guests room areas such as light switches, door handles, TV remotes, toilet flusher, taps, telephone and more.
• Staff will change into a new set of PPE before entering each room to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
• When a guest room is vacated after a stay, all material will be removed and cleaned from the room (even if unused), including bed linen, towels, bathrobes, bathmats and all amenities such glasses etc.
• All surfaces will be sprayed with a sanitising solution and left so that the agents have time to work. They will then be cleaned down again paying attention to the high touchpoints.
• Our deep clean process will include washing down all tiles, grouting, tissue boxes as well as vacuuming and washing all floors.
• When possible, room window will be left open to allow air to circulate.
Dining with Us
⇒ To maintain social distancing, you must make a reservation for breakfast and dinner so that we may control the numbers dining at any one time.
• In addition to TD Molloy’s Restaurant, we will have use of our private dining rooms if we require it to allow for comfortable and spacious social distancing while guests are dining with us for breakfast and dinner. Our Oaks Bar is also suitable and may be used for breakfast service also.
⇒ You are asked to avail of the sanitisation stations located at the entrance to our restaurant upon entry and exit.
⇒ Children must dine with parents at all times.
• Breakfast will be served from 7am to 10am, Monday to Friday, 8am to 10am Saturday and Sunday and is only available by reservation. Please check available times with us on arrival.
• For breakfast, we will serve you from our hot buffet unit which will be safeguarded by an additional glass screen. We will provide markings on the floor for social distancing when queuing for breakfast. We will also have our cold buffet, with all menu items individually wrapped, for you to avail of.
• We will have limited menus available for breakfast, light lunch and evening meals which our team of service staff will deliver with the utmost care and attention. Service times may be slower than normal while we work in smaller teams to abide by social distancing rules when and where possible.
• Evening meals will be served from 6pm to 9.30pm, Monday to Thursday, 6pm to 10pm, Friday and Saturday, 6pm to 9pm on Sunday and is only available by reservation. Please check available times with us on arrival.
• We will practice social distancing by setting up tables 2m apart where necessary and ensuring, as best we can, that large groups are not all booked into the restaurant at any one time.
• We will use disposable items for single use where possible i.e. menus, paper napkins, individually wrapped condiments, butter, jam, ketchup and salt and pepper sachets.
• Our team will play their part and each team member will have their own workstation and will maintain the appropriate distance when taking an order.
• When dining, we may take only card or room charges only as payment.
• All dining services will now have the option of in-room and takeaway, in addition to table service in our restaurant.
Serving of Alcohol
• Hotel bars will not be open in the traditional way, drinks will be table service only. Guests will be served alcohol with their meal only at their table by their server.
⇒ In order to observe social distancing and to avoid queuing in the morning, guests are advised to settle their account in the evening before departure – please visit the reception anytime between 10pm & 11pm.
THESE PROTOCOLS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS.